"Welcome" Page >
Home Page. >
What we do >
May we help you? >
Sermons at Immanuel - Index >
What we do ·
General information ·
Hall hire ·
May we help? ·
Site map ·
Immanuel and St Andrew
The Parish Church of Immanuel and St Andrew, Streatham
452 Streatham High Road · London · SW16 3PY · Tel: (020) 8679 6888
Sermons at Immanuel
The 'Sermons' section is still experimental and contains only a small range of sermons. The format is subject to change.
These sermons were given at Immanuel and St Andrew or, in some cases, elsewhere by a member of the Immanuel and St Andrew ministry team. They have been edited slightly, in some cases with sub-headings
added, to make them more suitable for reading alone rather than hearing in church. However, please remember that they were produced originally to be spoken by one person to a
congregation in a particular place, and this has affected the way some points are expressed. They may include references to the situation and location, and topical references that may lose their relevance over time.
Many of the sermons originally led on to, or offered suggestions for, a 'sacred space' - a time for quiet reflection or discussion later in the service. Direct reference to the 'sacred space' has been omitted,
but as far as is practical any suggestions for thought or discussion have been retained or restated in a way intended to be helpful in a time of private prayer, personal devotion or 'quiet time'.
- Sermons listed by Title/Subject:
- Sermons listed by Scripture passage (Sermons will usually appear more than once if they referred to more than one passage):
- Leviticus 19:1-2, 9-18. The Demand for Justice. (Also Matthew 5:38-end)
- Leviticus 19:1-2, 9-18. Loving Our Neighbour. (Also Matthew 5:38-end)
- Isaiah 7:10-16; Sign of God's Love - Jesus our Immanuel. (Also Matthew 1:18-25)
- Isaiah 35; Signs of God's Love - in wilderness, desert and exile. (Also Matthew 11:2-11; James 5:7-10)
- Isaiah 52:7-10; The Humanity of Christ. (Also Hebrews 1:1-12; John 1:1-14)
- Matthew 1:18-25; Sign of God's Love - Jesus our Immanuel. (Also Isaiah 7:10-16)
- Matthew 5:38-end. The Demand for Justice. (Also Leviticus 19:1-2, 9-18.)
- Matthew 5:38-end. Loving Our Neighbour. (Also Leviticus 19:1-2, 9-18)
- Matthew 9:9-13, 18-26. Healing and Restoration.
- Matthew 11:2-11; Signs of God's Love - in wilderness, desert and exile. (Also Isaiah 35; James 5:7-10)
- Luke 15:1-10; The lost sheep and the lost coin. God's relentless love. (Also 1 Timothy 1:12-17)
- Luke 18:1-8; The unjust judge and the persistent widow. Persistence in prayer.
- John 1:1-14; The Humanity of Christ. (Also Isaiah 52:7-10; Hebrews 1:1-12)
- John 3:16; What is a Christian? Knowing God. (Also John 17:3; Hebrews 11:29 - 12:2)
- John 17:3; What is a Christian? Knowing God. (Also John 3:16; Hebrews 11:29 - 12:2)
- 1 Timothy 1:12-17; The lost sheep and the lost coin. God's relentless love. (Also Luke 15:1-10)
- Hebrews 1:1-12; The Humanity of Christ. (Also Isaiah 52:7-10; John 1:1-14)
- Hebrews 11:29 - 12:2; What is a Christian? Knowing God. (Also John 3:16; John 17:3)
- James 5:7-10; Signs of God's Love - in wilderness, desert and exile. (Also Isaiah 35; Matthew 11:2-11)
- Sermons listed by Occasion (Feast, Festival, Holy Day or Sunday of the Christian year):
Links to the main pages are at the TOP of the page.
Page last updated
10 June 2008.
This page has been labelled to indicate its suitability for viewing by young children. For further information visit the
Internet Content Rating Association (ICRA) website.
has been checked for the validity of the HTML code with the
World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) HTML Validation Service.
The style sheet associated with this page
has been checked for the validity of the CSS with the
World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) CSS Validator.
Page design by David Gray 2007
© Copyright David Gray and PCC of Immanuel and
St. Andrew Streatham 2002. Photographs copyright David Gray 2002/7 except where otherwise stated.